GEO Symposium 2014
National Space Centre, Leicester, England
Saturday, 26 April 2014.
It's a great day out for all the family and is open to GEO
members and non-members alike. There will be an
opportunity for looking round the Space Centre.
The delegate fee of £20 includes:-
- full access to the National Space Centre,
- free parking,
- and of course, the GEO Symposium.
We will have many interesting speakers and you can find out what's happening with our weather satellites and, in particular, the important changes to EUMETCast which moves from DVB-S to DVB-S2 at the end of the year.
Stop Press: Full programme now available.. (more detail here)
- 7.30 a.m. Rooms available for setting up displays and equipment.
- 9.00 a.m. Registration.
- 10.00 a.m. Welcome by Francis Bell.
- 10.15 a.m. Dr. Neil Humpage from Leicester University Space Centre.
- 11.15 a.m. Klaus-Peter Renner from EUMETSAT; 'EUMETCast S2 VCM
- 12.15 Coffee break
- 12.30 p.m. Kim-Hui Gaune from EUMETSAT; 'Future services and launch
- 1.15 p.m. Lunch break
- 2.30 p.m. Aharon Fuchs of Space-Band; 'Ayecka SR1 receiver'.
- 3.00 p.m. Gord Sawatzky of Novra Technologies Inc; 'S300 S2 VCM receiver.'
- 3.30 p.m. Rob Alblas a member Werkgroep Kunstmanen; 'Satellite tracking system'.
- 3.45 p.m. David Taylor: SatSignal Software, 'EUMETCast served three
- 4.00 p.m. Tea break
- 4.30 p.m. GEO AGM meeting
Be sure not to miss this important event if you are at all interested in
Let's make this the best ever! Tell your friends, tell your family, make it a great day out.
Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how many are attending. There is no limit so far!
Lets see you there.